Thursday, January 27, 2011

Desk Update...Finally

This post is seriously overdue.  Here's how it went down.  Hubby finally sold a car so I had the extra dough I needed to buy the desk. I didn't waste a single second. On New Years morning I sent Hubby on a 1 1/2 hour road trip (one way) to Ikea.  I got a call two hours later that they didn't have the whole desk in stock.  But, lucky for me they had the bookshelf half.  So he loaded up the boxed and made the trek back home.  $13.50 in toll fees later, (I got the bill in the mail a week later) he was home before noon and I got started.

With a little helper....

That's the furniture fairy in case you were wondering.  We were truckin along with the miniature tools that are included with the hardware. I was taking a break ever row because my index finger was bright red and becoming a bit calloused. 



I was this far along when Hubby decided to bring me his man tools.  He actually had a an allen bit that fit into a ratchet.  If you don't know what a ratchet is, its better than a drill when putting together furniture, fyi.


And, of course, the last bolt doesn't want to line up with the pre-drilled holes.  We wrestled with it the rest of the evening.  The bookcase won. I went to bed and in the morning, with a recharged battery, I won. 

Are you ready for the semi-final pic.  I saw "semi" because we still don't have the actual horizontal desk surface yet.  But take a look at how fantastic the bookcase turned out!



I'm still playing around with the arrangement of all my stuff.  It will all change around once the desk is attached. 

I'm so happy I finally shared the office progress with you all.  Until next time, happy cleaning.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment