Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lightening the Load

Did you ever watch 'Overboard" with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell? Remember when he got home from work and found the boys throwing grapes at the mouth of a catatonic Goldie?  I sometimes find myself feeling like this by the time Hubby gets home from work.

When I stopped working I threw away my slow cooker.  I heard the gasps, thanks. It had been passed down three generations and 'low' no longer worked. The food either turned out ice cold or burnt to the bottom of the dish. And besides, I thought "Well, now I have the time to make meals for my family." Wrong.  I have spent a little over a year learning how to be a "homemaker."  I had this glamorized idea of what life would be as a house wife. Wrong again.

I have decided that I need a slow cooker again. One that works this time. Dinner needs to cook itself while I take on my million other tasks. And the fact that it is one dish sort of thrills me deep inside.  I loath doing dishes.  I would rather scrub toilets. 

So, this afternoon I will be making my way to the store and buying a slow cooker. Tomorrow night dinner will cook itself.  I'm very excited, but I need to get back to work or we'll be eating peanut butter and jelly in a tortilla for dinner. 

Later this week I'll be posting the next cleaning blog and I'll let you know how dinner turned out.

Bye-bye for now.
A.  

No comments:

Post a Comment