Friday, September 24, 2010

Take it to the Mattresses!!

I think I will typically wait a bit longer between posts but as I mentioned in the introductions there are a few things I have learned that everyone needs to know.  With that said I understand that many of you work and this weekend you might spend a few hours doing your routine cleaning. Here is what I purpose:

Empty your vacuum canister first. (side note: Does anyone still use bags??) Make sure you get it good and empty. Now go change your bed sheets. When you take them off hoist the vacuum onto the bed and vacuum that bad boy.

Here’s why. I have heard two disturbing things recently regarding our mattresses. First, who hasn’t heard about the bedbug epidemic making its way across the country? If I see one more giant bed bug on my computer monitor I’m going to scream. This totally gives me the heebie-jeebies.  These nasties feed on dead skin. Gross.

Secondly, there is a radio ad I’ve heard saying that you should replace your mattress every 8 years because it can double its weight in body oils and dead skin. Whaaaaa!  Seriously. So I don’t know how many of you have priced mattresses recently but these things cost a lot of money.  I have one of those memory foam beds. That sucker cost thousands – I’m keeping it for the next twenty years!

Okay, so now you know the why. Here is what I found when I vacuumed my mattress: I filled the canister over half way. You all need to do this. Not only will it prolong the life of your mattress but also for those of you who have allergies you will sleep better.  And for the rest of you – you just don’t want to be sleeping on that nastiness.  

I want to know what your reactions are when you do this.  Post either here on the blog or to the facebook link. Good-bye till next time and happy cleaning!

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment